- Don't want your nails to be boring? Sometimes, colored nail polish can chip easily and end up looking trashy, but a transparent, or opaque skin tone color will lengthen the nails and make them look neat and clean.
- If you happen to have wavy/curly hair, but by the end of the day your curls end up looking frizzy and tangled, or just flat, try this method for defining your curls: After shampooing, conditioning, or just wetting your hair, gently comb in leave-in conditioner (I use Fructis). Then, scrunch curls with a hold gel (I used Suave- it works just as well as expensive brands). Later, when your hair has dried, lightly spray with hair spritz to keep the curls looking bold and defined. Spray again if needed.
- Did you know you don't have to use shampoo every day. Usually, I only use shampoo once or twice a week, then use conditioner on most days. If you're in a rush, you can simply wet your hair, then add gel. (This doesn't work with all hair types. A friend with very fine hair has to shampoo her hair daily, so find a system that works for you.)
- Do you have dark circles around your eyes, or always look tired? To brighten the area around the eyes, first use stick concealer around the bottom of the eyelid. Use light (cream) colored eye shadow on the upper eyelid and a bit below the eyebrows. You can also use some below the eye. You should use a small brush instead of a regular eye shadow applier. Then, dust the upper eyelid area and the area between the eyes and the nose just a bit with white eye shadow. If you choose to use mascara, just use a little bit to look natural.
- To make your face look smooth, with out caking on foundation, dust lightly with bare minerals powder.
- To keep your face moisturized, or if you have oily skin, wash twice daily with gentle baby soap, then use mild lotion for sensitive skin.
Health and Beauty
Hey, did you know that in God's Word He says that our body is His temple? That probably means we should take care of our body. It's important to keep ourselves looking nice, but it can be so easy to get caught up in the latest fads and fashions. Personally, I think that a simple, effortless look is best. Here are some tips that I have found pretty helpful: