Hey, all. I know this is called the "Weekend Top 10"...and it's Monday, but what can I say? The idea sprung on me a little late. On our local Christian radio station- and on other stations around the country, something goes on every Saturday and Sunday called the "Weekend Top 20" (songs, of course). I thought it might be fun to do one of our own, but downsize it a little.
As teen girls, who are discovering a new interest in music and have probably uploaded dozens of songs onto our iPod or MP3 player, it is important to make sure we are putting good things into our minds. Yeah, I know. It's just a song. What can a few choice words or somewhat inappropriate lyrics do to you? Well, when we listen to a song over and over again, the lyrics sort of unconsciously start to creep into our minds. Soon they become okay, normal, fine. Before we know it, a bad word is just...slipping out every now and then and those things we thought we'd never do start to become acceptable. After all, our idol thinks it's OK- why shouldn't we? See how easy it is to get pulled in to what the world says is alright? So, why not listen to songs with good, wholesome lyrics. Philippians 4:8 says, "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, think about such things. If anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things." When you think "Christian music", perhaps the hymns you used to sing in Sunday School come to mind, but not all Christian music is slow...check out my selections for the Weekend Top 10 and PLEASE vote on the sidebar for your favorite song, that will make it to next weeks Top 10! Sorry, the videos might be a little tacky- just try to ignore them and enjoy the music (they were the best I could find!!).
1. I'm Letting Go by Francesca Battistelli
2. Boomin' by TobyMac
3. Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath
4. Stand in the Rain by Superchic(k)
5. Empty Me by Chris Sligh (American Idol Contestant!!!)
6. The Motions by Matthew West
7. Shut Me Out by Kutless (This is one of my bro's favs. Check out the better video on Youtube.)
8. Wherever We Go (just for Rebekah :P) by Newsboys
9. Lone Ranger by Nate Sallie
10. Beauty of Grace by Krystal Meyers (You'll have to go to the site to listen to this one. Can't embed the good video.)