4.02.2010

Just a journal entry

This afternoon, my family and I piled in the car and headed out for a little adventure. Our destination? A nice park about a half an hour from our house, then a stop for dinner afterward. I love adventures. Especially outdoor ones. I love the wind in my hair, the big, bright, beautiful sky, and God's creations all around me. The rule in the car was "no complaining whatsoever!!". It wasn't too hard to manage on a day like today when the weather is just starting to warm up and the sky is clear blue. Finding my fellow backseat passenger (aka brother) to be a...let's just say...interesting riding companion, I turned my face toward the open terrain out my window and breathed in the fresh spring air. Then I saw it- my "house of dreams" (Anne of Green Gables fans, you'll understand). It was a sweet little bungalow out in the middle of the country surrounded by a white picket fence with a little archway and trees...so many trees. Even a weeping willow- a weeping willow!! (I don't know why that is so exciting to me...a quirk of mine, I suppose.) I want to live in a place just like it when I have a family of my own. I could just see a bunch of little children running through the yard...sitting on a porch swing...planting vegetables in a garden- a perfect little picture. The future is a big, sometimes scary thing. But at the same time it is exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me!

No comments: